To read this article in Malay versions, click here.
Recently, The American Academy of Pediatrics come out with new guidelines on car seat usage and safety. The information helps new parents to make the choices of baby car seat easier and safety secure.
AAP will protect all inclusive of the exact type of baby car sear chair by age, secure installation for both rear and front car, and solid information about car seat for children.
This figure explains in detail including seat type and duration, it is especially useful for those who want quality car seats and are safe for long distances. Moreover, the AAP provides complete suggestions and FAQs covering a wide range of questions from parents regarding the use of baby car seats that are appropriate for safety and age.
Once you get the right baby car seat, CDC graphics can help you with the correct installation.
AAP helps to deal with any confusion, as children should remain rear-facing or forward facing. This guideline explains, “All infants and children should in the rear-facing when in a baby car seat at least until they are 2 years old or preferably their weight or height has reached the level authorized by the baby car seat manufacturer.”
AAP issues the following guidelines to inform parents when a child is ready to switch:
- They reach the height and weight permitted for the stroller. (This limitation is listed in the car seat manual)
- Shoulders exceed the seat
- The top of the ear reaches the upper level of the chair
The group (AAP) also stated that the period of the child should use the car seat, many questions who said they were “too big” to use a car seat, in fact not. A child needs seatbelts in the baby car seat before they reach a height of 4’9 ‘.
If you read the guidelines and find that you need a new seat, AAP has the following tips:
- There are no ‘best’ or ‘safest’ seats. The best seats are chairs that fit your child’s size, correct installation, fit your vehicle, and are used correctly every time you drive.
- Do not specify only the price. Higher prices do not mean that the seats are safer or easier to use.
- Avoid using the seats that have been used if you do not know the history of the chair.
Shop now at Motherhood.com.my for baby car seats like this and more, with the best online deal and promotion.